The Metro Mentorship Initiative is a Chicago-Based Non Profit Public Charity Organized for the Purpose of Providing Mentoring Services to Make a Holistic and Innovative Impact in Urban Communities.
The Metro Mentorship Initiative was formed out of a genuine belief that the power of meaningful mentoring relationships can strategically help youth develop their life’s purpose, passion and self-identity.
Join our team of professionals and volunteers who are exemplary models of integrity, efficiency, problem solving, equity and character in all of their daily relationships and interactions with inner city youth.
You can help provide vital assistance to The Metro Mentorship Initiative by donating your time and/or finances to individuals in need. Click below to see how we can put your most valued resources to use.
Become A Member
We assist hundreds of children along with their families throughout the Chicago area by providing education, training, skills and encouragement. Our goal is to make tomorrow better than today by continually making great strides to further enrich the lives of those we serve and help them flourish.
We allow prospective members to participate in our programs for FREE or qualify for income based payments according to financial hardship. Member families must meet at least one of the following qualifications by verification of participation in any of the programs listed:
• Government Issued Unemployment Compensation
• Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
• Federal Public Housing/ Section 8
• Food Stamps
• Medicaid or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program administered by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
• Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture
• Worker’s Compensation Income Benefits
"The coaches, in the Austin Comets Athletics Program, played a major role in my child's life with guidance and positive encouragement that are much appreciated."